At The Dukeries Academy we expect everyone to take pride in their personal appearance. A smart school uniform helps us to make sure everyone feels part of The Dukeries ‘team’ and no one is left out.
Click here: Uniform for September 2021 to see the information about uniform following our recent consultation.
We expect all students in KS3 and KS4 to wear:
- The Academy Blazer
- White, collared shirt
- Plain black tailored trousers – no jeans, chinos, tight, stretchy or legging styles.
- Plain black, knee length, pleated skirt (optional). For September 2021 the uniform skirt should be purchased from our uniform supplier. If another supplier is used then the skirt must match the same criteria. No other style of skirt is allowed.
- TDA tie featuring the Academy logo. The tie is available for new students to buy from our uniform supplier. We will also hold some stock on site. Existing students returning to the Academy in September 2021 will be provided with a new tie free of charge in exchange for their old black and gold tie.
- All students will receive the new tie free of charge. If you have already purchased one from our supplier, please return it to the Academy and we will reimburse you.
- Black socks/tights – no over the knee style socks are allowed.
- A V-neck black jumper to be worn under the blazer (optional)
- Sensible black shoes – no high heels, boots, trainers or canvas shoes
- We are currently changing the Academy PE kit. Year 6 parents/carers can order from 14.7.21. Parents/carers of existing students can order from 1.8.21 from here. New PE kit will be from our kit partner A-Game Sports.
- Plain navy shorts, tracksuit bottoms or sports leggings (whichever is most suitable)
- Navy hooded jumper with embroidered Dukeries logo, available ONLY at A Game Sports (no other outer layers will be permitted)
- A change of socks for PE is essential. Students should wear a pair of white socks for PE.
Other Dress Code Expectations
At The Dukeries Academy it is important that everyone understands and adheres to our high standards in relation to our dress code.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hairstyles should be appropriate. No more than one hair colour and no bright, unnatural colours
- Small amount of subtle make up is allowed
- One small stud earring in each ear is allowed
- A wrist watch is allowed
- No other jewellery, piercing or fashion accessories are allowed
Please ensure all items are clearly labelled